The biggest news is probably that M2Tech decided not to use their proprietary drivers but to using the native mode USB audio drives of the operating system.
It is UAC1 and UAC2 compliant so will work out of the box with Win, OSX and Linux.
For > 96 kHz you need a driver on Win as Win is not UAC2 compliant.
The receiver is by XMOS and the driver by Thesycon.
- Input 1 x USB A type male
- Output 1 x RCA or BNC female
- Input USB 2.0 Audio Format with aAsynchronous synchronazation
- Output S/PDIF Stereo Digital Audio Format
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4khZ, 192kHz
- Resolution 16 up to 24 bit
- Dimensions 10.2(d) x 2.2(h) x 2(w) cm
- Power Supply 5V DC from USB bus
- Weight 50gr approx.
M2Tech hiFace 2
Price: US$ 185